Community activists including the Our Water Campaign urged the moratorium, citing — in part — contamination hazards that may materialize in stagnant water that collects during a shut-off. Ms. Gross said the cold-weather timing of the PWSA moratorium would mirror that at other utilities. She noted that some home heating systems depend on radiators, which need water to operate.
- Public-private partnership or ‘privatization scheme?’ New details emerge about Peoples Gas proposal to fix city water infrastructure
- City Council, Mayoral Panel Sparring Over Future Of PWSA
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority posts ‘lead map’ on website
- Could your home have a lead water line? PWSA has a map for that
- Protesters Want Officials to Come Clean on Deal to Attract Amazon