Community activists including the Our Water Campaign urged the moratorium, citing — in part — contamination hazards that may materialize in stagnant water that collects during a shut-off. Ms. Gross said the cold-weather timing of the PWSA moratorium would mirror that at other utilities. She noted that some home heating systems depend on radiators, which need water to operate.
- World Water Day: Know Your Water Rights 3/22 @ 6:30 PM
- Residents Concerned Reorganizing PWSA Will Threaten Accountability To The Public
- PWSA offers lead tests to Pittsburgh residents for free, but not everyone is biting
- Citizen groups call for investigation of former manager of city water manager
- Hilltop Community Meeting: Keep Our Water Safe & Affordable! 12/12 at 6:30