Community activists including the Our Water Campaign urged the moratorium, citing — in part — contamination hazards that may materialize in stagnant water that collects during a shut-off. Ms. Gross said the cold-weather timing of the PWSA moratorium would mirror that at other utilities. She noted that some home heating systems depend on radiators, which need water to operate.
- Water Utility Company Aqua America To Buy Peoples Natural Gas
- Peduto, Turzai spar over PWSA privatization
- A Huge Win for Keeping Water Systems under Public Control
- Housing Opportunity Fund Board Members Meet For The First Time, They’re Already Under A Time Crunch
- Peoples CEO is working to gain trust as the company vies to run Pittsburgh’s water utility